The Professional Support Coordinator (PSCNT) programs provide professional development and support to early childhood professionals in Australian Government Approved Childcare Services (AGACCS) and aim to improve the quality of care provided in childcare settings.
PSCNT coordinates ongoing professional development to support the professional learning of Inclusion Support Agencies (including Inclusion Support Facilitators) and the Indigenous Professional Support Unit.
PSCNT responds to current and emerging professional development and support needs in the early childhood education and care sector.
The objectives of PSCNT are to provide professional development opportunities that are based on latest research evidence and best practice in order to:
- lead professional practice and drive quality improvement;
- support early childhood services implement the new Early Years Learning Framework;
- assist services and their staff attain or exceed quality standards set by the Federal Government’s National Quality Framework;
- prepare early childhood professionals for the increasing expectations that National Quality Framework accreditation brings;
- enhance and update early childhood professionals knowledge and skills in existing and new areas of practice;
- provide support pathways for new and existing early childhood professionals to attain accredited qualifications;
- promote networking and collaboration that supports reflection, the sharing of experience and the process of finding solutions to industry challenges; and
- provide professional development to support the inclusion of children from diverse backgrounds, including indigenous children, children with disabilities and children from CALD backgrounds.